What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth can become discolored because of stain-causing food and drinks such as coffee and wine or have a yellowish buildup caused by age. Regular brushing cannot remove this discoloration, and even over-the-counter whitening products are not strong enough to remove deep stains.
Professional whitening can remove those stubborn stains and brighten your teeth up to eight shades lighter. Whatever situation you are in – first date, job interview, or family photos – you can smile with absolute confidence, knowing your smile is looking its best!
Why Our Patients Love Teeth Whitening
Whiter teeth, brighter smile... what's not to love?
Why Choose Distinctive Dental Care
We'll treat you the way you deserve - as one of the family!
As a patient of Distinctive Dental Care, you can expect to be cared for with the best treatment options and technology that dentistry offers. Our team will take the time to get to know you and understand what you want. To us, you’re family, and we’ll make sure you feel that way!
We love being able to offer premium comforts that make your visit enjoyable, such as:
“So kind and caring, as well as gentle. To relax, you can have a complimentary hot wax hand dip, a free bottle of water, or even a healthy snack. What a pleasure to meet such kind, caring people who have become our choice for our forever, family dentist.”
– Amy N. (5-Star Google Review)
“5-star all the way. Dr. Paul Wulff and his staff are very friendly, courteous, and professional. The service was over and above expectation. Would recommend them in a heartbeat.”
– Melanie M. (5-Star Google Review)
“Very friendly staff who know what they are talking about and care about you as a person. Highly recommend.”
– Jeannie A. (5-Star Google Review)
FAQs about Teeth Whitening
- How long will the effects of whitening last? The effects of professional whitening can last for a year or more. But, this depends a lot on the care you take of your teeth. If you smoke or regularly eat staining foods, your teeth can become dull again more quickly.
Here are some valuable tips you can use to prolong the effects of your whitening treatment.
- Will my teeth be sensitive after whitening? During whitening treatment, the pores in the enamel of the teeth are opened. This allows the stain-removing whitening formula to reach deeply embedded stains. During this time, your teeth may be a little more sensitive than normal. The pores close up again after treatment, generally within 48 hours, and the sensitivity disappears.
Not everyone experiences heightened sensitivity with a whitening treatment, but if you do, you may want to use a toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth for a few days and then switch back to your regular toothpaste.
- When should I have my teeth whitened? We recommend whitening your teeth if they have a yellowish color or persistent stains. We also may recommend having a whitening treatment before you begin any restorative dentistry – implants, crowns, bridges – so your dental restoration will match the color of your teeth at their whitest.
Patients who have finished orthodontic treatment often like to have a whitening treatment done to give the finishing touch to their newly straightened smile.