Are Dental Implants the Right Solution for Your Missing Teeth?
Do you hide your smile because of missing teeth? If so, imagine what it would feel like to correct the problem, knowing you could smile again with confidence!
Attaining a healthy, beautiful smile again doesn’t just have to be a dream – it could be a reality with dental implants.
Why choose dental implants?
There are many benefits of dental implants as a solution for missing teeth or even decayed, diseased, or damaged teeth. Dental implants look and feel completely natural, restoring your smile to its original beauty and function.
Without compromising the strength of neighboring teeth, implants allow you to chew and speak comfortably and naturally. Additionally, they help prevent tooth shifting and misalignment, which could occur if a missing tooth is left untreated for a long period of time.
Are you a candidate for dental implants?
Many people, including those advanced in years, are ideal candidates for dental implants. Some factors your dentist will consider include:
- The condition of your general, overall health.
- Whether or not you have sufficient healthy jaw bone density to support an implant.
- The health of your gum tissue.
There are a few factors that could potentially lower the success rate of your dental implant. These include:
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Cancer, a blood disorder, diabetes, or other illness.
Although these factors may prevent you from being an ideal implant candidate, they don’t automatically disqualify you from the procedure.
Questions to ask during your implants consultation
Before you choose dental implants over another solution, you’ll want to feel comfortable with what’s involved. Here are a few questions you may want to ask your dentist or oral surgeon during your consultation:
- How long have you been placing implants?
- Do you have any case studies or before and after photos you can share with me?
- What special training have you received?
- How much do dental implants cost?
- Will my insurance cover any portion of the expense?
- Do you offer a payment program?
- What will you do to ensure I’m comfortable during treatment?
- This procedure makes me nervous. What will you do to calm my nerves?
Dental implants are a life-changing solution for many people who have suffered from missing teeth! If you believe you might be a candidate for implants, discuss your options with your dentist.
Share this article with any of your friends or family who may be searching for a solution for missing teeth.
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.
Re-posted with permission. Source.